How to make a complaint
We always try to get things right but we know that sometimes things can go wrong.
In the event that you are dissatisfied with a recommendation we have made, you may be entitled to make a complaint. We have a complaints procedure that is available on request. Please be assured we treat complaints very seriously.
If you wish to make a complaint, please contact us:
- In writing: Write to The Compliance Officer, Carpenter Box Financial Advisers, Amelia House, Crescent Road, Worthing, BN11 1RL.
- By phone: Telephone +44 (0)1903 534587
- By e-mail: email@example.com
For your further protection if you cannot settle your complaint with us, you may be entitled to refer it to the Financial Ombudsman Service (‘FOS’). Full details of the FOS can be found on its website at www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk.
We are covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (‘FSCS’). You may be entitled to compensation from the scheme if we cannot meet our obligations. This depends on the type of business and the circumstances of the claim.
- Investments – most types of investment business are covered for up to a maximum of £85,000 per person per firm for firms declared in default after 1st January 2010.
- Insurance – in the majority of cases, eligible claims about the advising and arranging of protection products are covered for 90% of the claim, without any upper limit.
- Long Term Insurance Care – that is pure protection is covered for 100% of the claim.
Further information about compensation scheme arrangements is available from the FSCS at www.fscs.org.uk/consumer.